Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536
Results 351 to 359 of 359

Thread: Games: The Official Halo 2 Topic [OT!]

  1. #351
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cruel to be victorious. Well, i guess that confirms for us that Halo 3 has been in development for all this time. Otherwise, Bungie have a lot of work to be doing between now and summer 2006.

    Im liking Bill Gates' style, the competition is really fierce this time round. Good thing is, as the consumers we're all the better for it. This'll probably cue Sony to pre-empt the release of Halo 3 with a major release of their own at that time, or a massive release price reduction on the PS3. This is going to make Sony sweat, and i cant say i feel any sympathy for them after screwing over the industry with the poorly built low-spec PS2.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 15, 2005 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  2. #352
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw that, too.

    I agree 100%. I must wonder though, what is Nintendo plotting?

  3. #353
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Similar to their approach with the DS, they're aiming to do something so different with the Revolution that you'll want to own their console regardless of if own the PS3/Xbox360. A lot of major 3rd party developers (including Square Enix) have commented that what they're doing is very interesting, and that they definitely want to be involved (unlike with the Gamecube). All i can say is that Nintendo deserve this support, since they have a tendancy to design really cheap, yet reliable and high quality consoles.

    Fortunately for the Xbox 360, its got more than just Halo 3 as its trumpy card. Notably, Perfect Dark Zero should appeal to the cult of fanatics of the original, and this time its set to feature support for over 50 players online. Theres also that support from japanese developers Mist Walker, Q Entertainment and Games Republic which will go a long way to support sales in the east.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 15, 2005 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  4. #354
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yea, I can't wait to see what all they can do with Halo 3, though. I'm sure they won't announce any details until three months from launch so they don't fuck up like they did with Halo 2. We must wait and see...

  5. #355
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep. Im hoping they make it less FPS and more RTS. Less frantic bullet-spraying and more tactical positioning and vehicle use (which was essentially the element which defined Halo). I'd like to see 32 or more players on Xbox Live, with the ability to travel across massive maps with vessel ships (ie Pelicans), each accomodating all your team mates (who'll be firing at the enemies ship). I'd like to see naval conflicts, with characters controlling boats with room for the pilot and 2 or more gunners. I'd like to see everything slown down to the pace of Halo for more strategic thinking as well.

    Think along the lines of playing on maps of Starcraft or Warcraft scale. Just imagine crossing oceans to reach the opponants island and discussing with your team-mates on the way how your going to organize your fleet of boats or airships to cast the offensive. Also, just imagine storming across jungles in a squad of tanks, with fully destrictible natural environments, as well as fully destructible enemy bases (allowing you to chip away at them from afar while on-foot allies prepare to fire through the wreck).

    This is the kind of thing i was hoping Halo 2 would provide (although perhaps not quite as amibitious), but i think they could do this extremely well with the Xbox 360's graphical power. Ultimately, Halo 2's got a good engine, but the maps, guns and vehicles still limit you too much to allow for any real strategy. At least, a strategy that doesnt involve merely getting to Weapon X the fastest. One day in the future, we're going to look back on Halo 2 with a sneer, and wonder why we ever bothered with it.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 15, 2005 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  6. #356
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Exactly what I was thinking! If Red Faction and Red Faction 2 can have destructable enviroments, then why can't Halo 2? Besides the pathetic little bit like the shudder things on Zanzibar or those explosive barrels all over.

    I already look at Halo 2 and sneer. If Halo had LIVE, I would never play Halo 2 again.

  7. #357
    Inactive Member justwildbeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    745
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hahahaha interesting what you find...never knew this was here. Well I'm rather bored with Halo 2, overplayed it I think. I've finally got a 360 all I need now is the third Halo installment T_T The trailer didn't tell me much beyond that there's some kind of huge thing in a crater in what looks like to be Africa, safari time I say!

  8. #358
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That was a modest trailer to say the least. ^_^;;

    I dont mind though, and I hope Bungie take their time with this one. I dont care if it takes until 2008 to complete, but i want it to be the best it can be. To quote Nintendo: "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever". Thats pretty much going to define whether or not we'll be playing this game still when the new decade arrives (in the same way hundreds of people still play Starcraft today).

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 23, 2006 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  9. #359
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I'm sure it'll be good, I feel Bungie feels they have let down their fans with Halo 2, they've even acknowledged it a few times in their Weekly Updates. I figure late summer to late fall 07 is the release date for it. There's still much to do on the 360, though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •